The instructions on how to make a throw pillow for the holidays are incredibly easy and don’t take long. I filmed this tutorial as part of my DIY Christmas Decoration video, which I added at the bottom as well.
Let’s get started with the things that are needed to make this pillow.
What do we need?
- Ikea pillow case: http://bit.ly/1HfQguw
- Ikea down pillow insert: http://bit.ly/1lcc0gr
- Tulip iron-on glitter sheet: http://amzn.to/1MvD9US
- White acrylic paint pen: http://amzn.to/1MvD5oj
- X-acto knife: http://amzn.to/1MvDOpu
- Cutting board
- Template of text (see link to text I used. I printed at 100% size): http://bit.ly/1OZEmrh
- Dish towel
I’ve added screenshots below in case you wonder, which products/brands I used in the video.
Item #1: Tulip Iron-on glitter sheet http://amzn.to/1MvD9US
Item #2: White acrylic paint pen: http://amzn.to/1MvD5oj
Item #3: X-acto knife: http://amzn.to/1MvDOpu
Item #4: A simple cutting board
Item #5: Ikea pillow case: http://bit.ly/1HfQguw
Item #6: Ikea down pillow insert: http://bit.ly/1lcc0gr
Item #7: Template of text (see link to text I used. I printed at 100% size): http://bit.ly/1OZEmrh
Item #8: A dish towel
How to get the letters onto the pillow
- Print out the letters for the words
- Tape the glitter sheet on top of the letters
- Trace the letters on a window so that you have them on the glitter sheet
- Use the X-Acto knife to cut out the letters
- Put the letters onto the empty pillow case, place the towel on top and iron the whole thing
- Add the pillow insert and you’re done – Congratulations!!! Don’t forget to take a picture, post it on social media and tag me so that I can check it out!
Watch the video
What it should like after you’re done